|Blade material||High carbon steel|
|Sheath material||”khare pipal”Wood and Goat leather|
|Handle material||Wood and Aluminium rivet|
- This is a 10.5 inch service panawal khukuri.
- It is mainly used by the Gurkha soldiers.
- It can be used in the jungles as well as in war.
- It has very strong razor sharp blade that perfectly fits in the hands of the user with easy handling.
- It is used for outdoor work and normal jungle safaris .
- During heavy training of Gurkha soldiers they carried this khukuri becoz of less weight for defensive purposes. However giving extra geometrical shape this khukuri is made full tang .
- It is used to chop wood,fire wood,bone, meat and cleaning bushes.
- Two small knives” karda” and “chakmak” come with the khukuri.
Karda is the sharp small knife which is typically used for carving, digging holes, skinning animals, eating, preparing kindling, whittling wood, etc.. Similarly, we have the chakmak that is typically used for honing the blade and striking sparks for fire..