13″ Old Army Khukuri
- Blade weight: 410gm
- Total weight: 650gm
- Blade size: 13″
- Handle size: 5″
- Upper spine: 7mm
- Blade material: High carbon steel
- Handle material: Rose wood handle
- Sheath material: Wood and water buffalo leather
- Product Description:
- This is a 13 inch Old Army Khukuri light weight khukuri very popular among the Army Personnel.Nepali army khukuri is slightly smaller than the standard size khukuri of the British Gurkhas . The smaller and light feature makes it more agile and swift with the perfect handling . The legacy of khukuri continues as GGK has modern transformation with well execution regarding the blade size and dimensions . It is the simplest of all khukuris having all the needed basic features .
- This khukuri carries significant values in the Nepalese army battalion . It is issued to new recruits and army personnel retain it throughout their career . Army jawans perform khukuri dance, khukuri drills with this special khukuri on special occasions to the public and always carry on their waist bands during their duty hours . Senior officers regularly inspect the jawans with this khukuri for smartness and tidiness . Nepalese army jawans carry the khukuri with pride and honour with deep respect and much more love . They develop moral attitude of “never give up “by holding this khukuri and demonstrate more courage and bravery as army khukuri is the inspirational source of courage inherited from descendants .
- Besides military use it is a perfect working khukuri that can be used for domestic and jungle purpose .also it is a great collection souvenir for the khukuri lovers and is a proper gift buy of great Nepalese importance and authenticity. GGK has tried the best to reflect the nobility of this khukuri in modern aesthetics .Two small knives namely Karda & Chakmak are also part of this kukri. Karda is a small sharp knife which can be used to cut small woods, dig holes, skinning out animals. Similarly, we have Chakmak that can be used for honing the blade and to produce sparks for lighting fire.